Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Big News!

Too quiet. But it might stay that way a little longer... because, well. Here's where I'm at:


To be precise, Baby4 is at about the left-most box right now. And until we're well past the right-most box, this is going to be one sick momma. 

We've been this way before, and the results have always been worth every moment. I'm watching the Scientist Dad rediscover his extreme domestic skills, the girls draw closer together as mom fades out of the picture, and it is good. The love of dear friends and the assurance that this time we'll have help at every turn has made the prospect of the next 10 weeks a burden both easy and light. In the Biblical sense, of course. 


WHEN night is almost done,
And sunrise grows so near
That we can touch the spaces,
It ’s time to smooth the hair
  
And get the dimples ready,        5
And wonder we could care
For that old faded midnight
That frightened but an hour.

3 comments:

lissla lissar said...

Congratulations! That's wonderful news!

Jennifer @ Conversion Diary said...

What exciting news!!!! I'm extra excited because I also just found out I'm pregnant and am also miserably sick (though it's not nearly as bad as what you deal with). I'll be offering up my morning sickness for you!

Erika Ahern said...

Thanks, Lissla and Jen! And... JEN! That's wonderful. I'll offer some up for you, too. Thanks for the prayers.