Sunday, May 25, 2008

Corpus Christi

Strangely, I'm taking the feast of Corpus Christi to send you over to a recently discovered blog: DREADNOUGHT.

The feast of the Body of Christ is, of course, primarily about the Eucharist. This sacrament, the source and summit of our faith, contains in itself--in Jesus--all truth, all suffering, all redemption.

We can also, however, remember Paul's mysterious words: "I make up in my body what is lacking in the suffering of Christ." The fellow over at DREADNOUGHT lives out these words as a faithful Catholic who is also homosexual. I've been musing on the difficulty of the Theology of the Body in real life lately--the CHurch's teaching on fidelity, contraception, homosexuality, celibacy, etc... Why does the truth seem so impossible to, well, almost everyone? I've tried to live out the Church's teaching in these areas feel inadequate to express the joy of the Cross. This fellow helps me out a bit.

Edgy. Truthful. Good writing.

No comments: