Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Up.

I'm sitting up!

I heard the baby's heartbeat this morning at the OB office and I think it chased away some of the nausea. Philosopher Baby2 says, "whoosh-whoosh-whoosh-whoosh-whoosh..."

So now I'm sitting at the computer, eating Cup Noodles, and basking in the beauty of life. The sheer facticity of creation. And my melancholic-philosopher mind muses,

"All the philosophies and rational proofs for truth are pale compared to a heart on fire with gratitude. The proofs tell me that my existence is a participation in God, the Act of Existence, and I have acknowledged that it is so. But only the heart on fire with love will cling to God. The heart sees it is beloved by God and responds. Set my heart on fire."

Raptures of a woman ascending from bed rest.

No comments: