Sunday, September 13, 2009

Valley of the Shadow.

For those of you finding out via the blogosphere over your morning coffee, my apologies! We found out that we're expecting our newest little philosopher around mid-May of 2010. We are thrilled and can't wait to meet this new, irreplaceable little person.

In the meantime, however, the Philosopher Mom will be battling a few months worth of hyperemesis gravidarum. Your prayers are much needed and greatly appreciated as we pack up our little ones, ship us off to the grandparents, and leave the Scientist Dad behind to cry over his beakers. (He'll probably have some fun times, too!)

Blogging will be light, but a sometime escape. Until we meet again, keep your eyes fixed on the True, the Good, and the Beautiful!

11 comments:

Melanie Bettinelli said...

Congratulations. We'll be praying for you. HG is no fun.

Jennifer @ Conversion Diary said...

Congratulations!!! I didn't realize you get HG with your pregnancies. Many prayers coming your way!

That Married Couple said...

Prayers sent. Best wishes on your pregnancy!

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

I don't know what HG is, but it does not sound pleasant. I think my children were born before some of these complications were recognized. Go with God; prayers are with you, and please let us all know when the newest philosopher enters the world!

Lori McGovern said...

AWESOME NEWS! The pregnancy, of course- not the HG. Prayers are coming your way. Love reading your posts.

Rae said...

Congratulations on the baby! I will pray that it goes as well as it can with all the pain having all the meaning it can.

Erika Ahern said...

Amen! Thank you all for you prayers. We go with God.

Lola said...

God Bless you and Congratulations!


I'll be praying for the Philosopher Mom and her sweeties.

Katie Rose said...

Dear Philosopher Mom,

Congratulations on Baby and please know that my prayers will be with you in the months to come. I had severe nausea for the first 15 week with Baby Edmund, who is now 25 weeks in utero, but it was certainly not HG. Your act of love in welcoming this new life is sacrificial and amazing. Remembering the first months of this pregnancy, I wonder how open I will be to conceiving again within the next...five years? :) Take your Zofran religiously and sleep and remember that your most important work in this time is listening to the new life growing within you. Our Lady of Sorrows pray for you today.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I'm carrying a mid-May baby too (my first) but can't fathom the suffering of HG...I will say a prayer for you.

earthie said...

YAY!