Wednesday, March 24, 2010

How to make/renew your consecration.

Act of Consecration

If possible, you should go to the Sacrament of Penance and receive Holy Communion on March 25, the Feast of the Annunciation, the actual day of consecration.

Consecration of oneself to Jesus Christ, Wisdom Incarnate

O eternal and incarnate Wisdom! O most amiable and adorable Jesus! True God and true man, only Son of the eternal Father, and of Mary, ever-virgin! I adore you profoundly in the heart and splendors of your Father during eternity; and I adore you also in the virginal heart of Mary, your worthy Mother, in the time of your incarnation.

I give you thanks, because you annihilated yourself, taking the form of a slave in order to free me from the cruel slavery of the devil. I praise and glorify you, because you were willing to submit to Mary, your holy Mother, in all things, in order to make me your faithful slave through her. But I have been ungrateful and faithless; I have not kept the promises which I made so solemnly to you in my Baptism. I have not fulfilled my obligations. I do not deserve to be called your child, nor yet your slave; and since there is nothing in me which does not merit your anger and rejection, I dare not come by myself before your holy and divine Majesty. So I have recourse to the intercession of your most holy Mother, whom you have given me for an intercessor with you. It is through her that I hope to obtain from you contrition, the pardon of my sins, and the acquisition and preservation of wisdom.

Hail, then, O immaculate Mary, living tabernacle of the Divinity, where the Eternal Wisdom willed to be hidden and to be adored by angels and by men! Hail, O Queen of Heaven and earth, to whose empire everything is subject which is under God. Hail, O sure refuge of sinners, whose mercy fails no one. Hear the desires which I have of the Divine Wisdom; and for that end receive the vows and offerings which in my lowliness I present to you.

I, N_________, a faithless sinner, renew and ratify today in your hands the vowsof my Baptism: I renounce forever Satan, and all his works, and all his empty promises, and I give myself entirely to Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Wisdom, to carry my cross after Him all the days of my life, and to be more faithful to Him than I have ever been before. In the presence of all the heavenly court I choose you this day for my Mother and Mistress. I deliver and consecrate to you, as your slave, my body and soul, my goods, both interior and exterior, and even the valueof all my good actions, past, present and future. I leave to you the entire and full right of disposing of me, and all that belongs to me, without exception, according to your good pleasure, for the greater glory of God in time and in eternity.

Receive, O good Virgin, this little offering of my slavery, in honor of, and in union with, that submission which the Eternal Wisdom deigned to have to your maternity, and in homage to the power which both of you have over this poor sinner, and in thanksgiving for the privileges with which the Holy Trinity has favored you. I declare that I wish henceforth, as your true slave, to seek your honor and to obey you in all things.

O admirable Mother, present me to your dear Son as His eternal slave, so that as He has redeemed me by you, so by you He may receive me! O Mother of mercy, grant me the grace to obtain the true Wisdom of God; and for that end receive me among those whom you love and teach, whom you lead, nourish, and protect as your children and your slaves.

O faithful Virgin, make me in all things so perfect a disciple, imitator and slave ofthe Incarnate Wisdom, Jesus Christ your Son, that I may attain, by your intercession and by your example, to the fullness of His age on earth and of His glory in Heaven. Amen. ~St. Louis de Montfort

1 comment:

Mom2Seven said...

Thank you, Erika. I have been visiting daily and appreciate your time and effort. I continue to pray for you and your unborn baby and look forward to future posts! God bless you!