Thursday, September 25, 2008

Novena Honoring St. Therese, Day Four

"O, God, hidden in the prison of the tabernacle! I come with joy to you each evening to thank you for the graces you have given me. I ask pardon for the faults I committed today, which has just slipped away … O, Jesus! How ahppy I would be if I had been faithful, but often in the evening I am sad because I feel I could have corresponded better with your graces … And yet, my God, far from becoming discouraged at the sight of my miseries, I come to you with confidence, recalling that 'those who are well do not need a doctor, but the sick do.' I beg you, then, to cure me and to pardon me. I will keep in mind, Lord, 'that the soul to whom you have forgiven more should also love you more than the others.'"

Concluding Prayer:

O Lord, You have said: Unless you become as little children you shall not enter the kingdom of heaven; grant us, we beg You, so to follow, in humility and simplicity of heart, the footsteps of the Virgin blessed Thérèse, that we may attain to an everlasting reward. Amen.

No comments: